You can’t “beet” this Beet Hummus with Feta and Walnuts! A slightly sweet/slightly tangy beet hummus, sure to be a hit at any party & yields MANY servings! This is a great way to jazz up traditional hummus while adding extra nutrients. BONUS: this beet hummus dip comes together in 5 minutes or less, and can be made in a blender or food processor (with no excess dirty dishes)!!
- (4) pre-cooked, vaccum-packed beets (i.e. these bad boys, found in almost any grocery store)
- 1 can garbanzo beans/chickpeas, halfway drained
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sesame seed
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (NOTE: this amount of oil lends a thick, creamy beet hummus. Adjust oil to taste and desired consistency; add water to thin.)
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT olive oil to a high-powered blender (i.e. Vitamix/Blendtec) or a food processor.
- Blend or pulse until smooth.
- Add olive oil in a slow stream, blending or pulsing on low speed to incorporate.
- Chill until ready to serve, then top with additional feta cheese and chopped walnuts. (NOTE: Keep refreshing the feta/walnut topping as the beet hummus dwindles down layer by layer – it really helps meld all of the sweet/tangy flavors together!)
- Serve with fresh vegetable crudite and/or falafel chips, arranged on a beautiful platter!
This beet hummus with feta cheese and walnuts will yield a beautiful, salmon-colored dip. This recipe is highly customizable and we encourage you to try your own variations and mix-ins! Let us know if you made this beet hummus and what your results were! Tag us on social media using the hashtag #WifeyChef and we will be sure to respond!