How to remove Turmeric Stains from skin… It’s a love/hate relationship when it comes to cooking with Turmeric. Mostly love though. I mean, how could you not love something that is so damn good for you? (Check out turmeric’s health benefits here). But the hate part comes in whenever we handle turmeric for our smoothies/juice/cooking recipes/etc… this results in the dreaded “Turmeric Hands.”
It’s kinda cool though, because Turmeric Hands can also be mistaken for Cheeto Fingers. So if you ever get caught with Cheeto Fingers- just pretend you were being healthy and messing around with Turmeric instead! End the Cheeto Finger shaming!
Luckily, we have a solution. Here is how-to clean those pesky Turmeric stains off of your hands.
HOW TO REMOVE TURMERIC STAINS FROM SKIN:
- Exfoliate with a natural, homemade scrub that is readily available in your kitchen: Sugar and the following liquid of your choice: Lemon Juice, Room-temperature Water (don’t use hot water), Coconut Oil, or Milk.
- Combine 1 tablespoon sugar with 1/2 teaspoon liquid of your choice. Apply the scrub to affected areas.
- Scrub the stain using your hands, a washcloth, or a shower loofah. Scrub in a circular motion like your life depends on it, or like you really wanna get this ish off your hands. It may take a few rounds of this, depending on how Oompa-Loompa orange you are at the moment. In all seriousness though, go easy on your skin. Don’t scrub TOO hard, and take breaks in between. You don’t want to rub your skin raw. You are trying to fix a problem, not create a new one.
- Next, dab/rub your skin with a cotton ball that is moistened with water, witch hazel, or a small bit of coconut oil. Some of the remaining yellow pigment should adhere to the cotton ball.
- Repeat process as necessary.
- Vow to make someone else handle your turmeric next time you cook with the stuff.
Leave us a comment! Do you have any other methods for removing turmeric stains from your skin?! Would love to hear them. We foodies and turmeric lovers are all in this together! Leave your suggestions below!