40 Best Foods to Stock your Fridge: A list of healthy Fridge Essentials with a printable Shopping List!
- Fruits & Veggies. (for snacking)
- Avocados. (add to fridge once ripe)
- Butter (salted or unsalted), OR Ghee.
- Fresh, organic Lemons and Limes.
- Lemon Juice (1 Bottle) & Lime Juice (1 Bottle), Organic.
- Garlic. Whole head of garlic*, OR peeled garlic cloves (vacuum-sealed pouch), OR minced garlic (large glass jar). (*refer to storage notes in main article.)
- Ginger. Jar of Minced/Chopped Ginger, OR Fresh Ginger Root.
- Additional Aromatics: (Yellow & Red Onions, Shallots, Green Onions, etc).
- Fresh Herbs. i.e. Parsley, Rosemary, Thyme, Cilantro, Dill, etc- whichever ones you love MOST.
- Greens: Spinach, Arugula, Kale, etc. (these will be used for meals, not snacking)
- Eggs. (organic, free-range or pasture-raised eggs)
- Almond Milk, OR Coconut Milk, OR Cashew Milk. (unsweetened)
- Small carton of Milk.
- Small carton of Half and Half, OR Heavy Cream.
- Greek Yogurt.
- Nut Butter. (almond, peanut, or sunflower)
- Small jar of jam or jelly. (get variety with reduced sugar, NOT variety with artificial sweeteners)
- Cheese: Parmesan, Feta, Cheddar. (plus any other cheese you desire)
- Cream Cheese. (whipped, 50/50 Greek Yogurt version has 1/2 the fat & 2x the protein of regular)
- Miso paste (white, yellow, or red).
- Ketchup. (organic, no high-fructose corn syrup)
- Mustard. (dijon mustard over yellow mustard)
- Coconut Aminos (1st choice), OR Tamari (2nd), OR Reduced-Sodium Soy Sauce (3rd).
- Worschestire sauce.
- Fish Sauce.
- Maple Syrup. (the only ingredient should be ‘maple syrup’)
- BBQ Sauce.
- Hot Sauce.
- Horseradish. (glass jar)
- Sundried Tomatoes. (glass jar)
- Olives: Kalamata. (glass jar)
- Healthy Dip(s), as in: Hummus, OR Guacamole, OR Tzatziki, OR Salsa, OR Baba Ghanoush.
- Homemade Salad Dressing. (can make using apple cider vinegar, olive oil, lemon, honey, s&p)
- Large, pre-made batch of: Rice (i.e. brown), OR Grains (i.e. quinoa), OR Legumes (i.e. beans), OR Proteins (i.e. meat).
- Sparkling Water. (flavored or plain)
Use this Fridge Essentials Shopping list as a Blueprint/Template for a healthy, well-stocked fridge. Personalize and adjust according to your diet restrictions and preferences.
You do NOT need to buy everything on this “fridge essentials” list. Add anything that is missing. You can split this list up between multiple shopping trips over time. Eventually you will wind up with one well-stocked fridge!