This Roasted Cherry Parfait is a treasure trove of both flavor and health. This roasted cherry parfait can act as a wholesome breakfast, a clean dessert, or a refreshingly sweet treat. Simple yet versatile; can be structured around greek yogurt (for health), or ice cream/frozen yogurt (for indulging).
Roasted Cherry Parfait
What is the best part of summer? Answer: Everything. But more specifically- the sweet, tantalizing, seasonal fruit. Why WOULDN’T you imbibe in a roasted Cherry Parfait? This healthy cherry parfait features a base of Greek Yogurt, and is topped with granola, almonds, and dark chocolate chunks. You can serve this parfait as a breakfast, a dessert, or a refreshing mid-day treat. While we have structured ours around greek yogurt for optimal health benefits, feel free to experiment with other options as the base. You may want to consider using options such as: homemade “nice cream”, sorbet, frozen yogurt, or even coconut milk ice cream!
BONUS CHERRY PARFAIT ADVICE:
We are extremely ghetto and don’t have a fancy ‘cherry-picker tool thingy’, so we used a plastic kid’s straw/spoon to pit the cherries for our glorious recipe concoction. Don’t be jealous….
Also, by far the hardest part of this recipe is not eating all of the cherries before they make it to the roasting stage. WHY ARE THEY SO DAMN DELICIOUS? Damnit. Other than that, do NOT pit your cherries on a wood cutting board because these things stain like a mo’fo. We may, or may not, be speaking from very recent (& very loser-ville) experience.
Note: Do not overdo it by adding tons of random, extra toppings on top of your cherry parfait. This isn’t the Yogurtland, Coldstone, or Pinkberry line! You really want the roasted cherry to shine and be the main ingredient, able to star as the very special treat that it is. Store any leftover roasted cherries (HA! not likely) in an airtight container for up to one week.Print
Roasted Cherry Parfait with Greek Yogurt, Granola (sugar-free), Almonds, & Dark Chocolate Chunks. A healthy little number that works for breakfast, dessert, or a snack!
- 2 cups whole, sweet Cherries; once measured, stems removed, pitted, and cut in half
- 2 tsp brown sugar, plus extra for serving/sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- greek yogurt (serving size adjustable to taste)
- sugar-free granola, homemade or store-bought (serving size adjustable to taste)
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees, along with a foil-lined baking sheet. Let them heat up together.
- While oven pre-heats: combine halved cherries in a bowl, along with brown sugar and vanilla extract. Stir to combine and coat.
- Add cherries to pre-heated baking sheet; let roast in oven for 10 minutes. If using granola and crushed almonds, add them to baking sheet for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- After 10 minutes total, remove from oven, let cool.
- Store any leftover roasted cherries in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Other options to use for the base of this cherry parfait include: homemade “nice cream”, sorbet, frozen yogurt, or even coconut milk ice cream! Of course, you can always use ice cream if you are less worried about the health aspect, and just want to indulge!
What did YOU guys add to your cherry parfait?! We would love to hear!! Please leave us a comment!