Roasted Cherry Parfait with Greek Yogurt, Granola (sugar-free), Almonds, & Dark Chocolate Chunks. A healthy little number that works for breakfast, dessert, or a snack!
- 2 cups whole, sweet Cherries; once measured, stems removed, pitted, and cut in half
- 2 tsp brown sugar, plus extra for serving/sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- greek yogurt (serving size adjustable to taste)
- sugar-free granola, homemade or store-bought (serving size adjustable to taste)
- 1/2 cup crushed almonds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees, along with a foil-lined baking sheet. Let them heat up together.
- While oven pre-heats: combine halved cherries in a bowl, along with brown sugar and vanilla extract. Stir to combine and coat.
- Add cherries to pre-heated baking sheet; let roast in oven for 10 minutes. If using granola and crushed almonds, add them to baking sheet for last 5 minutes of cooking.
- After 10 minutes total, remove from oven, let cool.
- Store any leftover roasted cherries in an airtight container for up to one week.
- Other options to use for the base of this cherry parfait include: homemade “nice cream”, sorbet, frozen yogurt, or even coconut milk ice cream! Of course, you can always use ice cream if you are less worried about the health aspect, and just want to indulge!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes (up to 15 minutes)
- Method: Oven